Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Munge Leung + Mercatto


Mercattos' great murals and signage by Illustrator Anson Liaw.


Love love this counter made outta reclaimed wood.
(It's on the "make it myself one day" list)


Just loved their mix of worn wood, marble and steel. Very warm.
(The mix of textures reminded me alot of Commute Home)

Great lighting.

The guys.

On Sunday I posted about loving the interior design of Mercatto restaurants and right away Smarty pants Jennifer Flores of Rambling Renovators let me know that they were designed by Design duo Munge Leung. (Alessandro Munge actually presented at the first PechaKucha which Jennifer organized in 2007. Neat!)) In Toronto Munge Leung also designed La Societe plus many other stunning interiors which you can see on their website. If I won the lottery I'd ask them to drop everything and renovate my loft. I know...in my dreams.
Thanks again Jennifer - your design saaviness (sp?) is impressive!

3 comments:

Jen @ RamblingRenovators said...

You're too kind Alanna :) If Munge Leung redesigned your loft, I would be a permanent guest.

Tracie said...

What is your favorite location?

Alanna Cavanagh said...

Hi Tracie
My favourite location is the one on Toronto street. It has an extra 'hidden gem' feel because it is tucked away on a little street. All 3 locations have A+ interior design.
Enjoy!