Sunday, April 1, 2012

Interview with Lourdes Sanchez in Uppercase magazine


Uppercase Magazine Issue 13 is out and it's another beauty with a gorgeous cover by Eloise Renouf.
The issue also contains my interview with textile designer Lourdes Sanchez.

I visited Lourdes last May in her live/work space in Gowanus Brooklyn. I was blown away by her quirky + soulful studio - especially her massive inspiration board which covered the entire wall above her desk (made my sweet boyfriend Russell) and her comprehensive library of art books. I coulda spent all day in there curled up reading!!


Lourdes' beautiful inks and patterns

We spent a very fun day together which included a delicious burrito lunch + long stroll around her neighbourhood with her Havanese pooch Moonpie.
Some pics of our day together below.


Lourdes' doggie Moonpie.


yum.... Burritos.
Meeting Lourdes was a complete inspiration to me and am happy to say we are still very much in touch. :-)

No comments: