Monday, February 25, 2013

My sketch of Jennifer Lawrence falling on the stairs

All day today I had the image of Jennifer Lawrence falling on the stairs at the Oscars in my head. She struck quite a silhouette in that incredible Dior Haute Couture gown and immediately it reminded me of Miss Clavel running up the stairs from the Madeline books!
I just had to try and capture the moment in a sketch.
My sketch.
 
The moment.
What a great silhouette.
This is the image I immediately thought of when Jennifer fell: Miss Clavel running up the stairs in the Madeline book. This illustration by Ludwig Bemelmans was the inspiration for mine.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your so right! Love Ms.Clavel and Jennifer Lawrence the actress and my friend/biz partner!

Designwali said...

fabulous!

Regina said...

The beauty of that also struck me, though she was probably horrified! You should send her the sketch and inspiration -- I'm sure she'd love to replace the actual memory with your insightful one!