Monday, September 14, 2009

Inspiration: Philip Glass





I rented A Portrait of Philip Glass in Twelve Parts by Scott Hicks last week.
Quite fantastic and contained lots of great nuggets on his creative process and theories of work.

On Work and Success:
“I have one secret: You get up early in the morning and work all day"

On Writing music:
Writing music is listening to music. Music is like a river for me - it’s constantly flowing beneath the surface. I just need to focus till I can hear it - then I listen closely and just write it down”

On Growth:

"The best way to continue to grow as an artist is through collaboration." Yes, yes.

Very inspirational. I love these images of him working at home. He is so focused and you can feel the creative current underneath him.

ps. rented from my neighbourhood dvd shop Black Dog video. Should give them a plug too! Great selection of films + ice cream!

No comments: