Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My new neighbour: Karyn Valino + The Workroom


The Workroom Store front

Owner Karyn Valino with gorgeous fabric in background

Beautiful Denyse Schmidt fabric

Happy crafter Karen

Happy Crafters Michelle and Karen again

My A pillow - almost done.

Starting today I'll be posting about some of my favorite spots in my new neighbourhood Parkdale/West Queen West. First up is a space I consider a major highlight of the hood: The Workroom at 1340 Queen St. West.

The Workroom is a "sew & craft by the hour" space run by former colour consultant Karyn Valino. It's a big, beautiful space equipped with sewing machines, sergers, work tables and a comfy couch! It's also stocked with books, patterns, and an absolutely gorgeous selection of fabrics - including several by my favorite Denyse Schmidt! Quite sigh worthy. The workroom offers classes in clothing, quilting, beginner upholstery, pattern drafting and even canning (!) plus it hosts a Stitch 'n Bitch evening the first Tuesday of each month.
I attended last Tuesday's Stitch n' Bitch and had a great time chatting with Karyn + fellow crafters while working on my A pillow. Dresses and ties were made and much fun was had by all. (Note the bottle of wine in the photo!) Thanks Karyn!

The Workroom
1340 Queen St.West
Highly recommended

1 comment:

karyn said...

i'm so glad you made it to the stitch n' bitch. it's wonderful to have such a lovely neighbour!