Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New print in progress: t is for tap dance


My t is for tap dance screen

My ink and squeegees posing against a cozy winter backdrop

Mixing the pink ink

Taping the screen
(to block out the areas which you don't want to show up on your print)

Doing the first pass

Layer one flower fabric

Inking for the second pass

Ta da! Print with 2nd layer

Experimenting with an orange skirt

Inking the screen with blue

Ta da again!

I was able to finally carve out some time on the weekend to begin work on my new t is for tapdance print. It is the next in my alphabet series which includes n is for novel, m is for mask and s is for swing.

Above I've included photos of the whole inky process. It was very snowy last weekend which made the screening an extra cozy experience.
Note: I'm still in the experimental stage of creation and have not settled on colours for my final edition of prints. I'll be asking for reader input on this. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Bess Callard said...

i love that t is for tap dance - so fun!! thanks for sharing your process, i've screen printed a couple times but only for fun, i'd love to do more of it in the future.
ps. i like the orange and blue :)