Thursday, November 15, 2012

Drake General store Revamp!

I popped into The Drake General Store tonight and was blown away by their revamp.
Carlos Colacci + Joyce Lo did a great job of enlarging the space and incorporating all sorts of interesting vintage pieces into the new design. Pop by for a big dose of decor inspiration.
I LOVE the wide plank white oak floors set in a chevron pattern plus that very quirky lighting fixture.

To display their collection of soaps + shampoos they've installed an old timey sink and fantastic neon perscriptions sign. (Where do they find these things?!) Just Perfect.

Just love how they incorporated this old leaded window into the changeroom design. Such a clever use of materials and found objects.
Plus I think the entire reno was done in under 2 weeks!!
SIGH! I wish Carlo could come across the street and project manage my reno!

3 comments:

Tim said...

fun! have to go check it out myself! You doing a reno Alanna?

Alanna Cavanagh said...

Hi Tim
Yes Big reno including floors, lighting, custom storage and maybe a new kitchen if any money left over in the budget!

Unknown said...

I love that you used the term "old timey". Great post my dear!