Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Tale of two Shops



On Friday I went to visit Kevin Austin at Chair Table Lamp once last time. Kevin has sold the shop to a new owner who will take over the reigns June 13th. 

I purchased the small sunburst mirror which I'd been coveting for a while. I think it'll work well in either the hallway or bedroom and will also serve as a nice reminder of one of my favourite shop owners. (Corny but true!) 


Then on Saturday I went to the opening of a new shop VERSO in the back of INabstracto.
The owner Julie Jenkinson + her partner Kate Eisen had done an amazing job of transforming a dark little space into a beautiful oasis filled with art, furniture + lots of great vintage finds.
Inspiring.
Unfortunately I didn't get a shot of the overall space... but I thought this oversized apothecaryish vase with pink peonies was just stunning.

Best of luck to Kevin +Julie on their new creative adventures. :-)

1 comment:

Lisa Mackay said...

Damn, I never got to chair table lamp before Kevin left! I have admired much online but never been in person. Your mirror is gorgeous!