Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Today


Pushing against something that won't change.

This image is from one of my favourite films: The Tango Lesson by British film maker Sally Potter. Amongst it's many themes it explores the struggle many creative woman face between the cerebral and the physical.

Here is the full poster. I think brilliant.
The painting above which the tango position mimics is Delacroix's Jacob wrestling the angel. A good image for strong women to meditate on when feeling particularly frustrated.

1 comment:

Puppy day care said...

Hi there! I decided to pop in and see what new art you were working on, to maybe share with my readers.

I LOVE this movie! Now that I am involved in more creative endeavors, I need to go back and watch it with a different point of view. I bought the soundtrack too, as I loved the music.